Corporate Challenge League will provide:
- Shuttles, which will be "Yonex" - Mavis Medium (Blue) speed or Carlton Medium Flight shuttlecocks.
- Feather shuttlecocks will be allowed during play only if both teams agree to play with this type of shuttle. This type of shuttle will not be provided by the League.
- Some racquets will be available for checkout. (Must have drivers license)
- Matches will be best 2 out of 3 games to 21 points, rally scoring. The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
- The side winning a game serves first in the next game.
- Service must be delivered to the diagonal service court.
- At the beginning of the game and when the score is even, the server serves from the right court. When it is odd, the server serves from the left court.
- The player of the receiving side who served last stays in the same service court from where he served last. The reverse pattern applies to the receivers partner.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- There is no uniform requirement, but it is recommended that each company wear their Corporate Challenge shirts. If you would like to inquire about team uniforms, CLICK HERE.
The International Badminton Federation will govern play except as noted:
- The shuttle is allowed to touch the net, but the racket is not.
- A shuttle landing on the line is considered in.
- While serving, the racket must hit the shuttle UNDER the player's waist level and the feet are not allowed to move.
- Game shall begin with a coin toss or shuttle toss (you lose the toss if the feather skirt faces you.)
- Serve always starts from the right side of the server's court and is served to the diagonally opposite side of the opponent's court. (A1 serves to B1)
- A1 serves until their team loses a point and then team B starts their serve. Note: A2 does not serve now.
- B1 serves to team A until losing a point, then A2 serves to team B, etc.